The text for this lesson is John 9
- Jesus healed the blind man with mud and spit to show the work of God. Jesus shows the work of God in us as He heals us of sin with water and His Word.
- Law: All sickness is a result of sin in the world.
- Gospel: Jesus has power to heal all sickness. He opens my eyes to see who He really is and heals me of my sin with water and His Word.
- Who were upset that Jesus healed the man born blind on the Sabbath? Why?
- What healed the man’s blindness? Why did Jesus tell him to go wash in the pool of Siloam?
- What are the similarities between what Jesus did for the blind man and what God does for us in our Baptism?
- How do you think the man changed after Jesus gave him sight?
- How did the man’s physical blindness help him understand his spiritual blindness?
- How did he come to see God at work in his life? What has Jesus done to bring us all into the light of God’s love?
- How did Jesus’ use of dirt and saliva show who He was and work His plan of salvation?
- How is Jesus the light of the world?